Friday, December 4, 2009

Class Notes - December 2009

Abhas Gupta '02 and Shaily Kapur '04 were married in sunny and beautiful Huntington Beach on June 27, 2009. The couple was fortunate enough to have fellow alum groomsmen, bridesmaids, and dear friends share the celebration with them: Akash Srivastava '02, Alison Lee '02, Anuj Patel '02, Ari Kaufman '02, Cass Sapir '01, Darrin Lee '02, Elana Feldman '01, Elizabeth Cho '01, Eric Marshall '02, Evan Scott '02, Hector Ortiz '97, Moshe Adesnik '02, Mumi Hemrajani '03, Jennifer Bain '04, Jessica Gonzalez '02, Jessica Radow '03, Priya Pradhan '02, Rashmi Kudesia '05, Sam Osterman '01, Saritha Peruri '02, Tara Ramchandani '05, Timothy Correia '02, and Zoe Tarshis '04. Their wedding festivities are briefly captured in this video.

Emilie Troupe '02 - I married Dr. Matthew Del Mastro '05 and completed dental school and orthodontic residency at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. I am working as an orthodontist in Newton, Massachusetts and my husband is finishing his endodontic residency at Tufts in Boston.

Evan Scott '02 - I completed my PhD in Biomedical Engineering this year from Washington University in St. Louis. I am now embarking on a three year post-doc in Lausanne, Switzerland to investigate breast cancer vaccines at one of the Swiss Federal institutes of Technology, the Ècole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL). If you're in the Geneva/Lausanne area or traveling through Europe, feel free to reach out to me. I would love to catch up with fellow alums on this side of the world.

Kristina Arvanitis Gasson '02 - I recently opened my own law office in Medford, Massachusetts, focused primarily in immigration and nationality law and I've already helped some alumni with visas and citizenship. More details and contact information may be found at www.gassonlaw.com.

Nigel Cordeiro '02 is lucky to have his Brown friends in good times and in bad. Dad died of lung cancer this past June and over these past two years, Brown friends have acted as medical/research resources, logistical superstars, and moral support. Mom, Alison and I are so thankful for all of you. I moved back to the east coast to be close to the family and just started business school at Wharton, majoring in Health Care Management and Entrepreneurship.

Olga Argyros '02 - My husband, Christos Ioannou, and I had our first child, Stelios Ioannou, on September 19th, 2009. I have been working at the Hotel Poseidon Resort which has run by our family since 1975, but has gone many changes in the last five years. You can read about them at here.

Rachel Gershenson '02 - On the left is a photo of me and '02 friends who attended my wedding on June 28. From left-to-right: Rose Kowel Durbin, Elizabeth Geddes, Alastair Agcaoili, Miranda Chen, me, Kristin Ohaus, and Meryl Marr. I met my husband, Justin Gates, in Seattle and we now live in Chicago (where we were married). It was so great to have my Brown friends there to celebrate with us on our big day!

Rolland Janairo '02 and Dianne Le just celebrated their second wedding anniversary in October. Rolland is currently working for Project Joy (www.projectjoy.com) as their Director of Operations and is loving every minute of it. He currently lives in Cambridge, MA and of course, keeps in touch with his good buddy Steve Telesmanic '02, who is living with Rolland's brother and working at Gelfand Partners Architects way over in San Francisco (picture to right) - like you ever saw them apart at Brown??

No comments:

Post a Comment